Monday, June 8, 2009

Blog Number One

Rather than write my thoughts, observations, analyses, and ideas in the form of letters with no addressee, essays to no-one in particular, or journal entries to myself, I have decided to throw them out there to the Blogosphere.

I hope someone else finds these to be of use, and that this corner of the internet improves an actual street corner in the real world.  

I believe in urbanism.  The Congress for the New Urbanism's Charter (http://www.cnu.org/charter) is a good place to start for an overview of urban principles.

"Urbanism is what civil society builds when energy isn't cheap.  You do the math."

It'll probably take me a while to get the page set up the way I like it, so bear with me, and if you have any suggestions on layout, and gadgets, please send them along.

No comments:

Post a Comment